Welcome to my world!: Bookworm!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Bookworm!

Good morning (or noon or evening or whatever)! It's 8.08am and I have been up all night downloading kindle e-books from amazon.com. Yes ladies and gentleman.. my latest obsession is downloading e-books.. FREE e-books to be more precise. Yes, I'm cheap but seriously, why waste money unnecessarily when I can just get it for free (LEGALLY) online? I don't know why I never thought to look online before.

I guess it all started when my favorite 2nd hand book store closed down (or moved away, I never did find out what hhappened to it). I became desperate for something to read so I started browsing online for some cheap alternatives. Not being able to find anything locally, I decided to just log on to one of my favorite online shopping site, yes you guessed it, amazon.com.

Just so you know, I have been lusting after a kindle e-book reader for a few years now. Every time I log onto amazon, I never miss the chance to ogle at a kindle and every time i would be praying and hoping that by some miracle the price would be super cheap. No such luck (so far)!

Well, as usual I was ogling at all the different selections of kindles and checking out e-books when I realize there is a kindle app that we can download so we can read kindle e-books on non kindle devices like our computer, ipad, iphone, and also any android device. I was ecstatic! It was safe to say I wasted no time downloading the app on my computer (I can't even afford a kindle so I obviously do not own any android device, iphones or ipads).

The moment I finished downloading the app I got down right to it and begin my quest of downloading as many e-books from amazon as I possibly could. You would be surprised at how many titles are offered FREE on amazon. Yes you read me right, FREE! I was in bookworm heaven.

I have downloaded 80 free e-books so far. I'm greedy so I will be scouring for more. Life is good but what would make it even better? A KINDLE! I hope to be able to finally afford one really soon, in the mean time, if there is any generous soul out there who wants to buy me a Kindle Touch 3G (my kindle of choice), all I can say is, I will love you loooong time!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment