Welcome to my world!: I Love Having Fun: Thailand

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Love Having Fun: Thailand

I promised a post about my trip to Thailand. Well here it is..



My cousin Joanna and I left the Perhentians with a heavy heart and boarded our plane to Koh Samui, Thailand. Koh Samui is the third largest island in Thailand after Phuket and Koh Chang. It have been getting mixed reviews from travelers.. The hardcore nature lovers think the island is being ravaged by development and I'll have to agree. It's a beautiful island but it really is starting to get too crowded. I came to Koh Samui for the 1st time in 2004 and the difference between then and now is staggering! It's starting to get too commercial and touristy on the verge of tackiness. Why do you think I could never be bothered to visit Phuket or Pattaya? These places have already been ravaged by development and have lost its rustic natural island paradise feel. It really is sad.



Any how, Koh Samui have not deteriorated as much so I'm still loving the place. Lovely beaches n coastline to enjoy during the day and plenty to do during the night. The night life here is wonderful! Every night is a party... And I sure do love to party!



Well, our main reason for coming to Thailand was for the ever famous Full Moon Party. You guessed it, it's held EVERY full moon. Yup, Full Moon Parties are held every month on Haad Rin Beach on the neighbouring island of Koh Pha Ngan. An average of 10,000 people from all over the world would converge on this beach every full moon to party their heads off! The party typically starts at about 4pm and ends at about 9am the next day. Now THAT is what we call hardcore partying! It's crazy!



Getting drunk during Full Moon is relatively cheap and easy. They sell alcohols by the bucket (literally) and it cost RM16 per bucket. Of course the prices increases as the night progresses and people gets progressively drunk but  it's still all good! Where else could you get a bucket of Smirnoff for under RM30? So what do I say? I say hell yeah!! Bring on the buckets!!



I must have had like a gazillion buckets that night. I lost count after my fifth. Met a lot of people whom I was too drunk to remember but it was still fun none the less. Hahahaha. At least as drunk as I was, I didn't get caught in any compromising situation unlike someone... *laughing manically* So yes people, I had crazy fun in Thailand and I hope to do it again sometime soon. Cheers!



p/s: You can check some videos of full moon parties on you tube.. Here's the one I attended... I wish I know how to upload videos directly to my blog but since I'm still a blogging newbie and until I figure out how to do it, this link would just have to do. Enjoy! FULL MOON PARTY, June 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment