Welcome to my world!: MAS Wings Sux!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

MAS Wings Sux!



I recently flew to Miri and was unfortunate enough to book myself on a MAS Wings Fokker aircraft. I personally have no problems with the aircraft per se, but it does get rather uncomfortable for a big girl like myself.

To begin with, I almost missed my flight because the damn 'Mr. X' told me he was coming to my house to return my stuff (as you can see, I'm still working really hard to get my stuff back). Surprise surprise! Mr. X never showed up. When I called him up, he said he would meet me at the airport.. I feel so dumb believing him! Because, yup, you guessed it! He NEVER showed! Aaaarrggghhhh!!! He had the balls to keep telling me to give him a few more minutes and that he's already close to the airport... He said that EVERYTIME I called him up to asked him if he was coming. I mean, if he wasn't going to show up at all then WHY WHY WHY play me like a fool like that?

Anyways, because I kept waiting for the damn Mr.X like the dumbass that I was, they had to announce my name asking for my immediate boarding. It was pretty embarrassing! To make things worse, I really needed to go to the toilet so I just went. I would not be able to make it till after take off if I didn't go right away! Once I was done, I had to practically run like a mad woman to board my flight and the fact that they were repeatedly announcing my name over the PA system was making me cringe in embarrassment!

Since the damn plane was a Fokker, boarding takes place OUTSIDE the airport terminal on the airfield itself. As I was running towards the plane, I could see the looks on the pilots' and air hostesses' face. It was a mixture of annoyance and I don't know.. call me paranoid but I think they were sharing a private laugh at my expense. I guess the sight of a chubby girl running all out of breath towards a plane struck them as funny. Well whatever! I was a paying passenger and I deserve equal respect as anybody else.

Well, why I hate the Fokker? It's because it's not exactly chubby friendly! The isles are narrow, seats are slightly smaller than a wider bodied aircraft and horror of horrors! The seat belt does not fit! Yes my dear friends.. I COULD NOT buckle my seat belt. Of course, being a seasoned traveller I didn't let this bother me even if I was dying of humiliation inside because some fellow passengers were already looking at me and im sure were already passing nasty judgements. I just calmly stopped a passing air hostess and asked her nicely for an extension. She graciously told me not to worry and gave one to me right? WRONG! Well.. she did eventually give it to me but not before sighing like I'm asking her to climb Mount Everest. Oh, that and frowning like I just asked her to strip for me. Hell lady! It's your JOB! Get on with the program already!

I really don't understand. Was it prejudice I experienced? Was it because I was fat? Or was it just because these airline workers are just mean people? I mean, isn't it their job to take care of passengers? Yes I was late but does that give them the right to be rude? I think it's much much much easier to smile than to frown. It takes more effort to frown so why bother?

I understand the job of a cabin crew could get really exhausting but try and be professional. All that needs to be done is just BE NICE. Throw away whatever prejudice you have inside of you. We're all equals here. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment